Marengo Tool & Die Works
was founded in 1946 through the partnership of Otto
Tauck and Fred Struckmeier, Sr. The original building was only 10,000 square feet. The
business mainly serviced tool and die work and machining
in the early years. Since then the Company has
expanded several times and now covers approximately
62,000 square feet.
In the mid 1950's Marengo Tool & Die built several
special machines to mill serrations into channel nuts
for a company based in Chicago. The result was the
Company being introduced to the channel framing
industry, which supplies commercial and industrial
construction projects throughout the United States and
Canada as well as other countries.
Through a network of companies that coordinate the
channel framing business and the marketing of the
products, channel framing materials are efficiently sold to the end users in the construction
Marengo Tool & Die currently employs 35 people.